Blogger Exclusive 2: A letter to a slave girl....

Dear,
I read the news article about you the other day, about how you had to work day and night, when others can play, study, have fun. I feel sorry for you, I wish I can help, but all I can do is just read about your plights, and write it in here. I wish I could do more, go to your country, find your whereabouts and save you from the mishaps that you have encounter, let you see the world around you, and take a photograph of you smiling like every other children. But alas, I'm too young, so I can only read about you.

Dear,
I thought of myself when I see you like that. I felt lucky that I was born to a better world, where my family and friends are always around me, but I thought about you. If I really have the chance to see you, I would put my focus on you, not on me. I will listen to you, share your experiences, and even lend you my shoulder if you have the desire to cry. I will assure you that there is no such thing as sadness and grief for your whole life. I would teach you the principles of life, and how you can change the world. You truly can if you have the will to do so. Think of the world where no child will be slaves. They would be grateful of you. But alas, I'm young, so I can only read about you.

Dear,
To tell you the truth, I can't imagine what I will be if I were to be in your shoes. I know I may never understand what does it feel like, but at the very least, I will try to be your ears. I'm not a good adviser, I hate advising, but I want to cheer you up and at least see you laugh with full of joy. I want to see you enjoying your childhood, being able to run around and play. When you grow older, I would assign you to learn the law, to understand your human rights so that others cannot hurt you anymore, and other children in your country will not share the same fate as you. I want to be with you, to talk to you, but what can I do? I can only read about you.

Dear,
I will come to your country one day. By then, I hope that the condition there is better. If it doesn't, I will highlight the same report that has been released in newspapers now, for I'm a journalist who does not lie.

P.S : There is an article in "The Star" where child slaves in India working for the wealthy families at the minimum age of 10. I felt pity towards them, just like what I felt for every other children in the other poverty countries. So my letter is written for all the girl slaves out there. Readers, please, if there is a chance to help them, I want to know how, if it is to ease their pain and suffering.

Thanks and good day.

0 comments: