Songs that are close to hearts

Every stage in my life there will always have a song to represent it. I love the fact that songs exist. A nice melody with lyrics, plus a singer's angelic voice, and a song is born. Everytime I had encounter something, I will come across a song that will stick to me until it wears out, because I don't think of that something anymore. Slowly, this has become a habit. When I'm in a good mood, I listen to practically everything in my pendrive. But when I thought about something, I'll play only one song because only that particular song knows what I'm thinking about.

The second thing I notice is the lyrics. Back then I was a Mandarin pop fan, for the lyrics those singers sang were poetic, even though they are pop idols, and I got addicted to poetic lyrics. I even gone so far to enrolling into a famous music school to learn about lyrics. In the end, I realised the hardships a lyricist had to encounter, and gullible as I am always, I thought lyricist was a choice of career, until that reality was smacked right at my face after I had a meeting with a Taiwanese lyricist who had came to Malaysia. He was humourous, and amazingly I like the way he speaks. He tells stories in detail. Do all Taiwanese speak like that?

But now I had changed. Maybe I was becoming too busy, and maybe I was influenced by the many music programmes available on television, but as time goes by I start to accept all kinds of language and music. English, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese. I love to take notice of the English lyrics, as some of them bears some meaning to it. I'm lucky that until now I've chosen mostly songs that are compatible with my attitude. Not to mention instrumental scores too. I even get addicted to game music after I had played a fare few games. And even watching anime I was touched because of the background music they used. Timeliness, perfect timeliness. I'm not too enthusiastic about Hong Kong ones though. They kept using the same background music. I grew tired of them.

If anyone is curious, the song at my stage now is "Simple and Clean" by Utada Hikaru. The lyrics is really meaningful because it deals with love with logical thinking. Although the couple liked each other alot, that doesn't mean they have to sacrifice. That's the true meaning to the song. I'll write the lyrics :

When you walk away, you don't hear me say
Please, oh baby, don't go
Simple and Clean is the way you're making me feel tonight
It's hard to let it go

You're giving me too many things lately
You're all I need, you smiled at me and said
"Don't get me wrong I love you, but does that mean I have to meet your father?"
"When we are older you'll understand what I meant when I say 'no, I don't think life is quite that simple' "

When you walk away, you don't hear me say
Please, oh baby, don't go
Simple and Clean is the way you're making me feel tonight
It's hard to let it go

The daily things (like this and that and what is what) that keep us all busy
are confusing me
That's when you came to me and said
"Wish I could prove I love you, but does that mean I have to walk on water?"
"When we are older you'll understand it's enough when I say so 'and maybe, some things are that simple' "

When you walk away, you don't hear me say
Please, oh baby, don't go
Simple and Clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight
It's hard to let it go

Hold me, whatever lies beyond this morning
Is a little later on
Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't scare me at all
Nothing's like before

When you walk away, you don't hear me say
Please, oh baby, don't go
Simple and Clean is the way you're making me feel tonight
It's hard to let it go

Hold me, whatever lies beyond this morning
Is a little later on
Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't scare me at all
Nothing's like before.

I guess that's it. I can't think of any other topic to write now. Thanks and good day.

0 comments: