Argumentative.....

I just have to apologise, due to the amount of homework and assignments I had in university I can't seemed to find the time to blog about anything here. And I never want to spill everything on my personal feelings inside here. But I had to blog about this topic. It was highlighted on my friend's blog. He seemed confused on an issue, maybe due to the problems he had in his life. I never exactly want to attempt to argue on this topic, but since others have questions, I might have the answers. The topic is "What is the difference between 'love' and 'like' ?"

'Love' and 'Like'. A very tough topic to argue. Some people claim that that they "love" someone, when actually they only "like" them. How do I tell it? Firstly by the expressions of seeing that someone. What do you feel? Anxious? Heart beating very fast? Blushing till your face is so hot, people assume you are sick? Then those are the symptoms of "liking" someone. Why do you had those symptoms when you "like" them? Because, you barely know them! All you see is that he/she looks special to you. And those symptoms occur when you had the desire to approach them and let them accept you to be their friend, or straightaway they became your love partner. Believe me, once they had accepted you as a friend, those feelings are gone right away. The reason will be elaborated in the explanation of "love".

"Liking" someone requires you to do crazy things, but not crazy enough, because there's still restrictions. Or a better way to say it, YOU know your own limitations. If you did something that is out of a certain limitation, that particular person that you are infatuated to might think differently of you, resulting in them keeping themselves away from you. Then, you'll be branded as "hazardous". It is a very risky thing, and often girls/guys didn't really know that limitation. But they should have learnt their lesson after their first attempt. For those that are, err, more gullible, they should know by their second or third attempt.

Now comes to the part where "love" and "like" are confusing. At first stage, "love" should be confortable. Example, friends. As friends we do not feel awkward and instead we laughed at each other on our bad habits. We do not ridicule our friends just because they are a no talent or because they are ugly. Friends are with us when fate comes in. Same goes to love partners. Unlike "like", our love partners SHOULD NOT make us feel awkward and messy. Why should we make attempts of impressing them when they had actually accept us the way we are? Unless they don't "love" you, they only "like" you! And this is where most lovers had been confused and misinterpret about.

If you "like" someone, you might still want to change the person into someone of your dreams. But if you "love" someone, you just accept them the way they are. Why should you change the way they behave when you love them for their originality? And there is a cliche to this. You may not be able to CHANGE their behaviour, but you may find your own behaviour changing as the relationship progresses. That too might affect the relationship. So my friends, if you think you can handle a relationship while maintain that same attitude and identity of yourself, then you are ready. I've seen problems of that. It is either that a person has changed after a relationship, or the person didn't change, but their views on a relationship would have change. It's either the bad or the worse. It's better to be cautious than to fall into a trap easily.

There, those are my arguments. Useful or not, it's up to the readers. But I'm merely saying this. No matter what, love is always there. Love is there even when we are in our mother's womb. Love is everywhere. I may be young, but I know what love is, it took me awhile to realise that. No one is perfect. Once upon a time I was blind too. I guess I had open up. Oh and please treat love naturally. I might write an article on that, but not sure when. But it is not an immediate post. Maybe I will post it in the second year? Who knows. Anyway, I'll keep this blog as active as possible. Thanks and good day.

2 comments:

wow... are u trying to start a research report on this topic? it is like so long and detailed leh...
but it is sort of confusing as it long and very well written(my english level very low T.T...)anyway thanks 4 sharing....

 

The part of the sentence where it sounded like this "It's either the bad or the worse", its too extreme; siding on the negative side of how a person's perception on love and relationship changes. I agree with you, your love should never make you awkward thats true; and yes when you really love someone, you'll feel the unusual comfort when you're with him or her eventhough you guys are to meet for the very first time =). Anyway this is a very broad and endless topic that maybe I shall say everyones interested in coz there will never be a definite conclusion for love and like as well as they depend on individuals perception and experiences. Keep up the good work. Thanks.