I LOL-ed, LMAO-ed, and getting Pissed Off. And LOL-ed again.

Today was a shocker.

Huhu, why the heck does my family even subscribed to this silly newspaper that claims to be *raises two fingers at each hand and make wriggling motions* "The people's paper"?

Especially with their phrase called "According to some blogs" without any links?

A swift check towards all famous political blogs and I see nothing around.

Another swift check, and I found one in Rocky bro, and even then do I found a link to it. Click Original Source HERE. (and This is only one blogger, where are the other blogs?? Oh wait, according to Rocky, they took the comments out from that very same blog and name it as other blogs. What a disgrace.)

I wonder if the blogger would be a little pissed off. I sure would. Having such a credible newspaper to take out your blog post like that and not even giving you a nice credit. (aka linking you). What idiots. I bet they were too afraid by the PPPA perhaps that they had forgotten the fundamentals of attributing? And what the heck? A blog is public to everyone, so it is alright to just put the link there. Maybe they are afraid of the blogger getting more popularity than the newspaper itself.

And when I read the newspaper I thought it could be a BN insider because that newspaper was afraid to quote anyone in it. Of course I'd apologise for my misake, but then I realised that mistake before I post this. So, lalala, take that!

I really grew disappointed with this newspaper. Gone were the glory days when they ACTUALLY made real sense out of news making (note, Iraqi war and personal experiences), actually GOING around finding articles (Okay, I won't pin down on Startwo for this, kudos on their insights on the Tibetan rebellions), rather NOW when they only sit back, and fabricate their stories and quoting blogs as "anonymous sources".

Come on, be practical the mainstream media, blogs are MEANT for you to read, it's okay linking them, and emailing the said blogger for attribution. If we only want it to be heard within ourselves, we'll have a DIARY. Not a BLOG for all to READ. Right?

Sure, the bloggers MAY be anonymous, but if they put their emails there it is OKAY to find them. (Which got me thinking if I need to put my email on this blog)

Or maybe you just want to made blogs look bad again? So that politicians around can go back to not blogging after finding it such a tedious job to put in their very cramped schedule. The politicians will have another say by me after this because I can't stand the fact that they start putting up blogs only for show and not even putting any real post with news value. Like trying to find Opposition MPs that actually bribe? Wait? Don't have? Putting your personal on the blog even? Cannot?

Then don't be a blogger if that's the case. So just because the tsunami of internet ruled over your stupidity of controlling the one side of mainstream media, and you might get a reverse tsunami the next round. No freaking way will that happen when your mentality is that small.

Instead of that, try taking the bus, without the media presence or the train and feel for yourself the lives WE have to live each and any other day rather than sitting there wondering what do bloggers do to earn a place in the Parliament with the aid of Internet.

Oh wait, I think I'm digressing. Whoops.

Go back to that particular newspaper, I feel safe to say that coming this end of the year, I shall not go to that particular newspaper for internship. Sure I've heard of the payment there, and how good it is, but their command of language is laughable, their attributions are almost a joke, and they did not even verify their facts. Laziness domination perhaps? Or maybe too much pressure from every side to touch anything called "truth", "accuracy", and "public accountability"?

The Star, you have alot to explain about your lacklustre performance. After a new PM comes in, I see nothing but deterioration. What happened?

Is this the so-called Freedom of press?

Explain or continue to be laughed at. My respect for you is running thin. Really thin.

[Update at 8.05pm: Well it seems the website was rather quick to put up the original blog post. Well then, I hope that The Star would have had a better attribution next time, don't think that bloggers are "buffoons"]

0 comments: