Memoirs of Langkawi

The sea breeze, the radiance of the sun, the swishing sounds of the waves, and the joys of 8 people running around the island of Langkawi. Oh....and the agony. =.=


Here's why:


Pros of being in Langkawi

- FREEDOM!!!!! Free from the hustle and bustle city life and our parents nagging voices.

- We get to be crazy and be kiddie. We watch morning cartoons everyday for the last five days there, and got addicted to Pucca Animated. We brought stuffed toys just for the hell of it, and all the guys and girls alike all cuddle to fuzzy animals.

- I learnt how to drink alcoholic liquor and knowing fully well my drunken stupor will be, drunken stupor. As in, just being sleepy. And my current favourite is Absolut Raspberry Vodka. =D

- Ephy is so cute that when he sleeps he grunts like he's in a conversation. As in

Ephy: *grunt grunt grunt grunt*

*after short pause*

Ephy: *grunt grunt*

*short pause*

Ephy: *GGGGRRRRRRRRUUUUUUNNNNNNNTTTTTTT*

The last one particularly scared the shit out of me that I ran out of the room to join the others and watch Shrek 2 (yea, more cartoons). But yea, I know Ephy had that grunting problem. Thank god it stopped after he went into the deep sleep phase, unlike snoring. Urgh.

- Island hopping was fun and normal, because I've done it before, and I actually jumped to swim in the Lake of the Pregnant Maiden. No, I'm sure I'm not pregnant. Ephyon and I were clean. Plus, we were too lazy to do anymore strenous activities after all the outdoor ones.

- Erm, camwhores!

- Jump the waves was particularly fun, we were all crazy bastards trying to avoid the waves by jumping over it, and sometimes got hit as well. I did a 360 degrees somersault at the cost of feeling the force of the waves. The pull and push factor does apply here.

- We were all one big happy gang.

But

Cons of being in Langkawi

- We all had a hell of a sunburn. The type that the sun shines over you without
yourself realising it, and by the time you get back your face, shoulders and back hurts like hell. Not to mention they all turn tomato red. Hearing your friends "owww" and "yeowch" the whole night wasn't that great a feeling.

- Overspending. Somehow along the way we have overestimated Langkawi's "Duty Free Zone" prices and didn't bring enough to compensate and made us survive for 5 days, which we did survive eventually.

- While we were jumping the waves, bigger waves came and swept my glasses away. So is Ephy's. We were both half blind until we get back to Kuala Lumpur.

- Spending on cars was a bad idea, but that was the only way to go around in Langkawi.

- We overestimated our body strength and think we can go for a hike of all the seven wells. Crazy, we puffed and panted by the time we stopped at well no. 1. And we didn't went up to second and third.

- My Camera don't have alot of pictures, because I'm a lazy photographer.

Well, that's all I can do to summarise my experience in Langkawi. No doubt we'll not come back here again until we have the sufficient budget to spend. And we are not even sure when is our next trip. But, at least I had fun in this trip. Too bad no one got into a relationship unlike the previous one, because most guys were already taken. ;)

Here's the proof that I've been there:





EAGLES!

Okay, that's all for now. Thanks and good day!

0 comments: