Another grandpa....

Will be leaving me soon. But this one, had lived with me throughout my life.

He witnessed my birth, and stayed in the house for 21 years. Even if we don't talk much, I've grown to love him and respect him as a silent man.

Sigh, I'll lose both in a year. It feels saddening to think that another one will be leaving us before he gets to see his home country, China's opening ceremony.

He left his home country, to avoid Mao Zedong's communism dictatorship over China. He produced children that fared so much better than himself.

And his children, one of them, had me.

I felt like I am a combination of two legendary men, because they both created childrens, who later created me.

I'm bad tempered yes, but not as bad as my father, because I have my mother's warmth and rationality.

I'm logical yes, and trying to be as rational as my own mother, who is really the best kind of child, student, employer, employee, friend, wife and mother.

So, whatever it is, I'm already prepared. I mean, thank goodness, my grandmother is able to see things straight, and do not cry or sob, and she's happy her family all came here.

And the best thing is, when my mother asked my grandfather does he recognised her (pointing to my grandmother), even though he's weak, unable to stand up, he said

"Of course, she's my wife"

I think that beats everything. She's happy, so are we.

Praying for his peaceful leave.....

1 comments:

:)
proud to be your friend.