Amazing blogs, amazing titles, different point of views, different perspectives.....

I've come across a blog that is featuring what Malaysia's tertiary education looked like now. And I was surprised that my university was mentioned. I've read through the whole article, and even some of the reader's comments. They are lamenting what private and public universities that had set their goals for quantity and not quality. From past the few months that I had been in the university, apart from problematic lecturers, my whole life so far had been good.

I've learned that taking up responsibilities are not exactly
easy as it seems. When people recommend you to do something, you just take it. Because you want to be the trustworthy one. This will enhance your pavement to a successful career. But in that process you do noticed that it is really hard being in an important role. But what can you do? Abandon it by telling them you can't face the pressure? We can't, because lecturers and everyone around are treating us like adults. But sadly, some still behave like a child and expects spoonfeeding. With such behaviour, do you think the education system has improved? Hardly, and I felt like I'm back at secondary school where the teacher nags and the students daydream.

I've learned that in the university, you truly have to depend on yourself. Neither on books nor the internet, but your determination to succeed. If you don't have the willingness to continue on, what's the use of continuing your studies? Why fight for something unimportant when you should compete and achieve the best that you can? I know people have many controversial issues on how the government should operate the country. But who are you to complain when they have a much better education background? I would say, concentrate on the studies, be who you want to be, and set your mind straight. I do have the dream of changing the mindset of Malaysians to look at Journalism in a different point of view. Many would follow, but I object. I'm not trying to change the tradinational, just merely modernising it. The same goes to my personal life and how I look on the aspects of Love and Life. We don't have to drown, because on the olden days Man had the ability to float. So why not, we see love at the same way?

I've learned that friends from different family backgrounds grows within me. I know, that sometimes people from different races actually could bring me a different point on view on understanding their cultures. But sadly, it is kind of a controversy. Some friends wants you to stay by their side forever. So when they see you befriending a new girl, they tend to get angry. Or they might be angry because you befriended someone from a different race. But we are all adults now aren't we? There will be a time where we have to separate from each other, and that too, doesn't mean it is the end of your friendship with others. Since technology is so advanced, make use of that technology. Keep in touch often, and you will never be alone.

I've learned that language is very important especially staying in this multi-racial country. I don't exactly felt proud, but I do have the ability to maintain both my english and my chinese. Coming from an English speaking background, and being enrolled into a Chinese primary school, I'm sure I felt left out in the first few years because of my funny pronunciation in mandarin and my weak essay writing in chinese. But somehow, I've managed to find my chinese roots when I went to secondary school. And I must say, I didn't regret having an English speaking background and a Chinese primary education. At the very least, I see problems in two ways. One being the Western way, and the other being the Eastern way. This helps me find a solution by repeatingly reviewing both thoughts of mine.

So much I want to learn. So much I want to see. I've attempted to maintain the balance of my life since 18 years ago. Well, now I'm 18 years of age. I may be young, but I still check on the latest updates, maybe from the source of newspapers, maybe from the internet. But whatever knowledge I've absorbed I tend to apply on different fields. Only time will tell if we the young Malaysians can make a difference. And, no more referring to us as the "future aspiring leaders of tomorrow". We don't want that label and pressure. We are just normal youngsters. Maybe a minority would want to serve the government, but for us common teenagers, we just want to fulfil the dreams that we have made. Thanks and good day.

0 comments: