Gutter Journalism, Scoop, Reward? More Shocked Expressions.

My head's spinning with all the thoughts inside my head and I'm exploding, trying to get things straight, before I resumed working tomorrow. I don't want those thoughts to affect the way I work.

Gutter Journalism is such an "honour" given to a certain newspaper who had broke the story about Elizabeth Wong's picture scandal. So far, no one knew about the pictures and why it existed, how it existed. Yes the headlines portrayed on that newspaper was really misleading, misguided, it aims to boost sales.

But has it really boosted sales? We can't just assumed that it has unless you have evidence of them having a frenzy over this "picture scandal". If not then the newspaper certainly did not just commit a crime. It was a devastated disgusting method. But hey, they are fighting with three other English dailies.

But apparently a lot of them had forgotten that these people are now separated from NSTP. So they are trying very hard to have circulation. So it's a little pitiful. It's an act of desparado but I guess why not. After all, if they broke another story about a 13 year-old boy father like the other one, then that will be totally freaky.

And plus, they alerted her about the pictures first. Read her press statement HERE. If they didn't, she'll probably still not know about what's going on no? They could've been at their worst ethics and just post the pictures and write the news without telling her. What would you think of that then? Her scandal needs to be exposed because it was a sign of another failure to lure the powers that would be. That is just the worst thing they can do to turn her into another power. Thankfully, she was strong. But maybe she cannot believe in so many things in life now. Love Lockdown for real.

Some might not agree with me but hey, that's how I see it no?

Speaking about Scoop. I cannot say much about this. I daresay, a lot of us only knew about it after we read the newspaper. Our own newspaper -___-. And then there were the calls for the journalists/editors who exposed it, and they said they cannot tell it to them until everything is confirmed. They kept their mouths shut. I have people asking me too. And they told me that the place where they worked, the people were quite annoyed that my company scooped it first.

Who has the credibility to get the so-called scoop anyway? There are reasons so blatant to your face on why certain stuff are not in your grasp. That's all I can say. I gave a few information over what has been happening but not much because I don't dare to expose nor say anything outside of my grounds.

Speaking of ethics, I've been taught from university that it is good if we do not accept any rewards. Those little media gifts are okay, but what if you receive cash beneath the gifts that you had? I have not receive something as big as cash, because the news I've been to so far are just marketing events that they cannot just simply bribe any journalists. Some journalists are also famous for not taking anything. Err, actually, I haven't meet anyone who didn't take any gifts. Seriously.

But to be fair, those little gifts I have, I gave most of them to my family. They are quite happy receiving it. They marvel at the power of me being able to bring back so many things. Things that they could never dream of getting for free. I've made my stand to bring back those gifts for my family. They needed it more than I do. My luxury is already here. My laptop. But yet they were so happy because I bring back another free bag, free t-shirt, vouchers. Most of these stuffs cannot even compensate to one laptop. It's one of those little things I can do for my family =).

Speaking about family, my editors asked about where I lived and about my dad, maybe to bridge communication since my desk is so near to theirs. I told them the same story I've been telling for the past 8 years. Again, the same shocked expression, but this time because they found out my dad passed on at 46 years old. Is that really young? I wouldn't know. But I felt so stupid to tell them about my dad. Then I'll probably get some kind of automatic sympathy again. Sigh. Hopefully they still look at me like their normal employee again.

The bits and pieces of my life as a journalism intern. And all these happen only today. Can you imagine what I go through everyday if they are as emotional like this? That I have so many thoughts about the going ons? meh. Tis life.

The events somehow are related with each other, chained by me

0 comments: