Celebrate the arrival of ANIMAX

I have countless times cry over the bad malay dubbing of animes (the popular term of Japanese animation) that was on Malaysian TV. Well, Astro was generous to provide great anime series on AXN. But I don't know since when they stop broadcasting those series. Once again, I drowned in my own tears, and I've stopped watching animes altogether, even developing amnesia on it. I have never mention anything about anime since then.

That was until I stumbled across my annual school magazine. As usual, I was flipping through the pages, and there I was, looking over a picture of a young man. The name, Tamahome. I felt a strike of thunder in my own mind. Tamahome, a familiar name. I went back home and check the Internet straightaway. And I found out that once upon a time, I was entranced towards that anime series, following their episodes everyday. That anime, Fushigi Yuugi. It bring me back those memories of the times where I watched most animes at AXN. But then, that was in the year 2001. I was only a 13 year old girl starting her secondary education. I'm not even computer savvy, so I don't really get in touch with the internet, and I'm sure that time broadband internet is so rare and expensive.

Later on, I went and search for more animes that I've remembered. Samurai X, the killer who swears never to kill. Slam Dunk, a story of how a rookie basketball team emerged to play in the national finals. Ranma 1/2, how can I forget that comedy anime? Insanely nice to watch. And since then I've been liking animes and mangas (japanese comics). And when The Star had a weekly board called "Otaku Zone" I was even thrilled. And now, ANIMAX has made an even better announcement. It is to be shown for 6 months, for free! It was as if my prayers have been answered. Those moans and groans that I've lamented for so many years, have finally been answered.

And so, on the first day of the screening of ANIMAX (which, coincidentally is our nation's Independence Day, and also my friend Kwan Liang and my sister's birthday), I sat there, waiting to watch some very cool anime series. I had a thing with hardcore animes, especially those that involved martial arts and swords. Blood is not necessary though. I admit, I was a tad bit disappointed when those anime series that I saw, were somewhat mild. They do have emotion, but not the type that I'm anticipating. So, I waited to watch those that were reviewed in "Otaku Zone" : Paradise Kiss, Honey & Clover. And I found that I wasn't all that disappointed at all. Although both have romance in it, I don't cringed about it. Maybe because it has half reflected on how our society really is. I also found an anime series I really like to watch, even though it wasn't reviewed in Otaku Zone. And that is The Law of Ueki. The show is weird to the sense that it's humourous. It is pass the message of loving the environment, because we don't have the ability to change trash into trees, so appreciate our greens now. Next, I pray that Wolf's Rain will be broadcast in ANIMAX within that 6 months free period.

Japanese animation, is one of those shows that are not to be missed, whether you like old school style, or modern guns, or just romantic anime series. Pick your genre, sit back, and enjoy your favourite animes. To me, I'll just enjoy laughing the funny parts. As for the romance, maybe, just maybe, they can help me fall in love again. Thanks and good day.

1 comments:

Anime ROX!