Warning: May content dissatisfaction

First of all, I may like to just make a statement.

As a student journalist, I will not take sides and will not look at people with a biased angle. I observe what I see. And I jot it down. That is all. I tell it as it is. It is entirely up to you guys to intepret what I've heard. I would have never change or edit it. Because this is what I see, what I hear, and that is all. This is what a journalist should do. And what I thought was to ensure there is a fair coverage. So that even the mainstream media did not cover the event, at least the amateur noob here will, with all the truth and nothing but the truth (cliched? exactly what I really want to tell to you).

However, as a civillian and a resident, of course I'd want to support one side to ensure that there's something starting to change in my country. I'm sick of seeing things happening again and again and yet nothing is done. However, my choice of covering the opposition was entirely out of my judgement of fair coverage. The reason was already stated above.

But another thing is, hello, stop stereotyping all students can or not? Just because my university I'm currently studying is unfortunately affiliated with the power political party that doesn't mean I was trying to be here to spy on you or trying to get some stupid information out of you. I know the law forbids that (or rather what they say about the law). I know some of you are working in Governmental-Linked-Companies, but don't worry. I don't take pictures of you like mug shots so that everyone can see your face. No one can.

It is very unfortunate to have (somewhat) political influence, but that only stays within the administration office. The students were here because they had no choice, either no money or no academics, so my university became the more better option there is here. And of course some lecturers were apparently hired that way. But let me tell this straight, most of them ARE NOT hired by any political party. I know so many of them did not get their pay or were delayed for three months. THREE months! That's suicide for anyone who doesn't save money, but yet those lecturers stayed on. Why?

BECAUSE THEY ARE HERE TO EDUCATE US TO THINK RATIONALLY AND MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE! NOT BRAINWASH US TO SUPPORT AND FEEL GRATEFUL FOR THE POLITICAL PARTY!

I hope this answers everything to whom think my university was educating people to be biased. Or maybe if you have come across biased people, it's not because it was taught. It was already in their blood the day they were born. Or maybe they just choose to ignore about active politics and current issues and read about lala-lands and more hong kong, taiwanese stars.

I'm really sorry to point that out, but the majority of the students are really that ignorant. Save for Journalism students which is what I'm studying now. Then again, we are supposed to be informative. Extremely informative. But hey, if you don't even know what is going on, and what are general knowledge, you think you are going to survive being a broadcaster for entertainment news?

I know, because this is what most people aim to be. What the fish la I tell you.

Told you it contents dissatisfaction. So you can't sue me.

Stop all stereotypes and return education back to education, no more political affiliations. So sick of those. URGH!

If there's something I want to change, its these 2:

1) Remove any, and I mean ANY, political influence from all universities, except for those comprising of student leaders. So that they won't be any kind of stereotypes ever, neither in public nor private universities. As much as I felt grateful for the financial help, that is all they should contribute. Anymore and I swear I'll leave even though the Degree in Journalism course in that university is actually creditable.

2) Media freedom. Nuff said?

(Updated March 9th 2008: Earlier I was doing my assignment for my university, UTAR, and I was covering the event from DAP's point of view. And as all Malaysians know, MCA the powerhouse funded UTAR financially, hence being extremely affiliated with them, but had NO POWER controlling what we learn. I was covering Hannah Yeoh's Nomination Day. There were only 30 something supporters from DAP. And some of them were skeptical towards me based on where I'm from. Now that Hannah has won, I'm proud to say, I do not feel too sad for MCA, now lets hope she really will do something to change my area.)

3 comments:

phew...what got you worked up? @@....who stereotype who?

 

You see, that's the irony here. Calling for media freedom and refusing to name names.

 

Remind me to edit this once the General Election results are revealed. Then I can show names. If not, it will only remain unknown and anonymous. It's part of privacy and media content too sean. Sorry.