Tomorrow....what kind of tomorrow?



Nakusu koto ga hirou tame nara Wakareru no wa deau tame

(If losing things is to pick them up, then parting is for meeting)


“Sayounara” no ato ni wa kitto “Konnichi wa” to deaun da

(After "Goodbye," certainly, We'll meet with a "Hello")


Midoriiro shibafu ni nekoronde itai Doubutsu mo issho ni gorogoroshitai

(I want to lie down on the green grass, I want to tumble together with the animals)


Kyou wa ii koto ga takusan atta kara Asu mo ii koto ga takusan aru you ni

(If many good things happened today, Then I wish that many good things will happen tomorrow too)


O-hi-sama dete yuuhi kirei de Hoshi ni negai ashita ga kuru

(The sun comes out, the setting sun is beautiful, I wish upon the stars, and tomorrow comes)


Doushite icchau no?Issho ni kaerou

(Why are you leaving? Lets go home together)


Kenka o shite ano ko ga naite “Gomen nasai” ienakute

(Getting into a fight, that child cries, Unable to say "I'm sorry")

Kokoro no naka sakebi naite mo Kotoba ni shinakya dame da yo

(Even if you scream and cry inside your heart, It's useless if you don't turn them into words)

Arigatou arigatou boku no o-tomodachi Aitai na atarashii tomodachi no minna

(Thank you, thank you, my friends, I want to see all of my new friends)


Kimi to te o tsunagu Sore wa tsubasa ni naru

(I hold hands with you, it turns into wings)

Minna no te tsunagu Oozora mo toberu

(I hold hands with everyone, We can fly through the great sky)

Warau warau ooki na koe de Yonde yonde daisuki na…

(I laugh, I laugh with a loud voice, Calling, calling for my favourite....)

Niji-iro kakehashi watatte “okaeri”

(Crossing the rainbow-coloured bridge, I say "welcome back,")


O-kane ga ne atte mo tomodachi wa kaenai Nani mo nakute mo ne minna ga irun da

(Even if you have money, you can't buy friends, Even if I don't have anything, everyone is with me)


Minna kiite boku-tachi no yume Minna shitte boku-tachi o

(Everyone, listen to our dream, everyone knows of us)

Anata wa doushiteru? Boku wa ne genki da yo

(How are you? I'm fine)


Anata wa doushiteru?Boku wa ne genki da yo

(How are you? I'm fine)

------------------------------------------------------------------

My heart felt sour everytime I heard this song. More so after I've attended the International Conference: Youth on Terrorism.

I've been witnessing 200 youths who could only sit and watch when their country crumble day by day.

These youths may not all come from war-torn countries, but many of them have enough experience facing conflict in their own countries that we could only imagine happening here.

"Millions are dying in Nigeria....."

"What kind of message are we going to pass back to Palestine?"

"How will you justify terrorism just by sitting there?"

"What do you know about the Russia and Chechyan conflict? Don't you think we don't treat them as brothers?"

It really pains me, because most of the international youths, they either came from Middle East, or Africa. Each of them bears a face of hard-beaten pain. I'd expect rich kids but no, these are students who have probably lived and seen the different sufferings occured.

Worst still, the speakers seemed very interested to place most of the terrorists responsibilities towards the youths. The Abu Sayyaf Group, The LTTE, The Al-Qaeda, Jemaah Islamiah, Southern Thailand riots, they mention again and again that the youths could have been victims of the systems.

They were wondering what made the youths turn to violence? Truth is, why not?

The Adults seemed to be destroying everything they had already, why not push a few of their buttons and aimed to give them a taste of their own medicine?

These youths I bet were struggling with their inner demons. Though I admit, this international conference is by far, the most democratic conference. One might think that due to certain confidential reasons, University students were not informed of this of course. I don't know how do the other youth councils found out. If I was not informed by it through my editors and that he asked me to go writer a feature about it I'll never live to see the day when I could hear the troubles of the youths with my own EARS.

It also gave me a sense of awakenning.

Youths will probably never change the course of direction until we move like 80% of them.

Sadly, as how we've seen, only about 10% of the youths in the whole world is aware of certain measures that needs to be taken before a certain kind of world peace could be attained.

Take for example, this song "Tomorrow". It appears on a certain episode of a popular anime, Gundam 00. The original ending to this song shows the graphics of women and children singing. One of these women were clad in "tudung" and the children had more than just one colour of iris. The men were wearing soldier clothing, with turbans on their head.

But you'll never see that image in the present media. Nor will you see the Americans or the Brits understand the undergoing traumatic experience they have caused. Guess what? I'm as ignorant. I wouldn't have known about the existence of this song had it not my boyfriend told me about it. Nor would I be bothered because I was originally not a mecha fan.

If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have made so much research and spotted often too many Anti-Zionist symbols found in that one series alone. But even as I know the company or the country who had produced such anime are fully supporting themseles. That is why they can self-generate funds, create their own technology, their country have self sustainability. Look, their country still continues to function economically even though the government shows signs of failing. That was how aware they were.

And Gundam 00 seemed to fair pretty well within the anime community. Problem is will it reach out to the other youths who could understand the underlying (or rather obvious) presentation it is showing? Or worst still, will the Gundam 00 lovers actually understand the true portrayal of the anime?

Might I add, during the International Conference, the only representative country from the West was Canada?

Worst still.....Everytime I hear this song I cried for the youths who probably find their questions unanswered, and the trouble of their country will continue to haunt them.

And I want to do something about it.

Tomorrow....What Kind of Tomorrow?




0 comments: