Girl friends

A very recent conversation with Ephyon about my high school friends really just struck me and left me wondering about, well, girls, and their roles as friends.

As girls, most of the erm, general public would assume, that "birds of a feather gather together". That as girls, they'll help girls more, they'll share secrets, they'll gossip about the latest things from grouses to fashion to blogs to backstabbing, it's an endless list with what would girls do if you put them together.

So what about girls and their roles as friends to guys? What do these boys think when a girl goes and talk to him?

The story is like this.

I have a very good friend called T, and she was very close to me during form 4 and form 5, especially when she constantly faced a lot of relationship problems with her jerk boyfriend. So after a very turbulent relationship they finally finally FINALLY (I'm emphasizing that cause I really want them to break. Ahem) cut off their ties. So after that, we split ways, she went on to Form 6, and I went on to Foundation.

But during the 6 months break, I was working part time at a shopping mall, and I got to be close with this guy called B. I knew B in high school but we are just not close, except, for the fact, that we were, erm, Jay Chou fans. ><
We went to Jay Chou events occasionally, and also go for the 2005 Jay Chou world concert. Had some carpooling. So yeah, quite cool.

(I know, shut up, I was growing, there's tend to have some confusion somewhere. Plus plus, I was not the true Jay Chou fan. My sister was. I had to babysit my sister. Oh god, why is puberty such an embarassment.)

Anyways, the thing was, B and T were together this year (until I heard that they broke up with a promise. Something like that). Which I find quite shocking, unbelievable, because she did not tell me. And and and, because it's B.

What's so shocking about B?

Well during my part time working at that shopping mall, B often came to visit me during his lunch time. He could come out because he works in a shop. I can't really move a lot because I was working in a stall. Sometimes he would come with this very very pretty lady, who also works in a different shop. We are all SPM leavers, so yea, we talked abit. But pretty lady didn't really want to talk to me. She wants to talk to B more, about what also I'm not sure.

I find that weird, and stupid, not to mention I felt a great disdain towards that kind of character, had my first taste of what bitchiness is like.

So sometime after that I didn't see pretty lady tagging B along, which I find weird. And then B was also becoming very very weird. He starts telling me about his past relationships, and how it hurts. He start telling about how girls would all approached him, only to try and be with him, like in a relationship. Cause well, okay, B is quite a charmer, he's tall, he's handsome, he can entertain girls, he's humourous.

Oh great, I just made him perfect.

But he's not that perfect cause he said he was sick with all these girls, coming up to him just for the sake of his looks and funny attitude. Then he said to me

"Do you know why I can tell all these to you?"

I was thinking 'Oh shit...oh shit! I don't like you man! You're good and all, but seriously! Please don't freaking confess to me! I'm still healing from the heartbreak!'

He said, "Because you are the only girl who is sincere to be my friend. And didn't want to be with me".

-______-

I went stunned for awhile, and I burst out laughing. I was laughing so hard I almost fell down. In front of the customers. I don't know, but I find it very very funny. It's like saying that I'm the only girl who treats him as a friend, but the other girls all treat him like the future boyfriend to be.

Obviously he didn't find it a laughing matter. But back then, I couldn't take his words serious enough. Lets face it, I was never a beautiful lady, and that he appreciates me to be his friend, but really, No Pretty Girl wanted to be sincerely his friend? Come on la. I find that hard to believe.

But after a few more guys said that, it ain't a laughing matter anymore.

Apparently in the guys' eyes, there are two kinds of girls. One, is the targeted kind, whereby they are mostly pretty, and cute, not to mention hot. They are however, according to the guys I knew, scheming, and only want to be in a relationship (like couple couple la), not interested to know about what guys want, what are their interests, and certainly do not care if the guy likes them or not until they reject them openly.

Second kind would be the sincere kind. Who really made friends with them, because of just well, friends. Won't argue or fight back, will listen and give advices. And if need be, offer help.

I happen to often fall in the second category.

Which really got me thinking.

What the Fuck?

It's like saying that I'm the only one without intention to make friends with them. And what do they mean by sincere or not sincere? It's like saying, that only ugly bitches like me would be friends, but pretty ladies are scheming types?

Not that I discriminate pretty ladies, I give them credit when it's due, but I'm sure not all pretty ladies are scheming bastards. And plus, I'm sure there are plenty out there who are good to be friends.

But apparently they find it rare. And it is very hard to find.

It's not that hard, they just didn't find it hard enough. But that was then, at 18, everything seems new.

I'm sure 2 years on, they've found some other girls who are like me, but of course, whenever they can, they'll tend to remind me that I was the first girl to treat them that way -___-.

The first non scheming girl friend.

Men, why do they even exist?

I mean, I'm posting this question to you readers out there. Is it really that weird to have a person of the opposite sex to sincerely treat you like a friend?

For me it wasn't. But anyone of you beg to differ or agree with me?

P.S: Yea, so about B. Because of that story, I kind of doubted his sincerity with my good friend T. But since he didn't hurt her, I guess he's good. He'd better be. *cracks knuckles*

P.P.S: Apparently Ephyon's theory was that because I heard those words so much, that I had the impression that I was only good enough to be a guy's girl friend, not a lover. But look where I am now =).

0 comments: