I heart Nury, and it's not a helicopter

I heart Vittachi, but it's not a side brand of Vitagen. (lame. pun. sorry.)

Meet Nury Vittachi. Asian (somewhere along the lines a Malaysian), Journalist, Columnist, Humourous, Guru (like Guru Pitka™), Crazy Fellow, but best of all, He have a kick-ass website, which has articles that comes out once in awhile in The Sun for the Malaysian region.

I've read about him when he was discussing about Facebook, which also appeared in The Sun, but I didn't really put it in mind till much later (which is today), when I came across yet another pleasantly humourous tale about American politicians, and the Asian audience.

Read it HERE.

What I like was one paragraph that the fact that he likes to make the journalists from the West so agitated about our ignorance towards the current situation of American Politics, or they think this is the "MUST WATCH" of the Political Arena.

Hah, Americans, so full of themselves. I don't give a rat's ass if my assignment reports are coming up. (Reference from Two and a Half Men. Americanization. Mmmm. Wait, what?)

Still, I'd like his jokes and his writing style. It's different, refreshing from what I have to read every other day on Malaysian news. You know, times like this, Even I would think Raja Petra's website is sensationalising news to the fullest, even though it's the truth.

Not to mention he had published a few children's books for his Hong Kong audience where he is based at now, conducting lectures for screenplay and writing (Too bad, the Broadcasting course here would need some), managed to organised Literary awards which he had set up with two other writers, one kind of prominent Shirley Lim Geok-lin (Anyone remember the poem we have to study in Form 4? Anyone? Silverfish? Baba Nyonya? Rain?)

If you really felt the blues, like me, head over to his website. I would like to be like him in the future, but ah, tis a long road, I will shape my writing style after that.

Till then, I'm adding a new link to my links of must reads.

Bye.


0 comments: