Gender Equality: The day we can talk sex

Oh noes! A bit crude ah? Too bad lor, unless you want to change it to "the day we could talk dirty"?

Er-hem.

The reason why am I bringing this up is because I've realised that while lots of us could assumed that the sexual innuendo has gone up, liberalised and practised by many (note: practised), when it comes to talking about sex, some feels quite reluctant to do so.

For instance, it is quite normal to discuss about the hotness of a babe when guys gather together. Constantly preying over girls who showed their bust, hips, waist, lovely butt, and then they will talk about what they could do to her, what they want to do. Those are coward talk.

Real brave ones (also known as pervs by the normal masyarakat) will walk up to the lady to ask for their telephone number. Sometimes, it wasn't just that simple. Because beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and some guys just have a different taste in girls whether is it about hotness or sexiness.

When it's about girls who discuss about sex, it's more about curiousity than being real dirty talk. Oh yea, that whole Edison Chen sex scandal sure made many turned their heads (and stomachs) due to the amount of pictures and hair found. Heck, many of us actually hurdled together, having pendrives, and then the guys don't even masturbate, just, look lah, it's pictures only.

But when a guy talks about sex to a girl, he's a pervert; when a girl talks about sex to a guy, she's a slut, or horny, lowlife woman

My question is: Why?

Why is it okay for a guy to always talk dirty if he wants to?

Why can't girls be open about their sexual prowess? That they could not be seen at the wrong kind of ways?

There are a few answers to that questions and the most common I've found were: When guys want sex, they search for sex; but when girls want sex, they search for love.

I find it a little prepostorous. So girls cannot look just for the fun of sex, and guys cannot find love in sex?

Because when guys could say:"I call your left leg Christmas, and your right leg is New Year's, can I see you in between these holidays?" for a cheeky start of a conversation, when girls try to come on to guys with wit, guys just shy away.

What happens if a girl tells you:"I call your left leg Christmas Eve, and your right leg Christmas Day, will I see the mistletoe in between these two days?"

Major turn on? Major turn off?

I may not be a true true true feminist before considering how reluctant is it sometimes that the whole society is dominant with patriarchy. It's true sometimes that being a guy have a better fair share of fun when it comes to simple-mindedness and craziness.

Girls? Oh, the normal masyarakat always wants to see them forever well-behaved, pampered and pure. As long as they act pretty and prim, it's okay. They don't need to be "dumb guys".

But oh, "dumb guys" always gets all the fun. How much fun can shopping be? How much fun can make up be? How much fun is it always being wary whether or not their skirts are being pried on? (I doubt it matters to boys, they don't call them "balls of glory" for nothing)

Even I prefer to have sons if I can if it means that they live in better conditions than girls. At least they don't succumbed to gender discrimination, just err, racism and religious bias.

But why do I think talking about sex would equal to Gender Equality?

What I meant is that not every girl will talk about sex just like how every guy will not actually be comfortable talking about sexual topics. I actually have a guy friend who cringe when I said if I can I will cut a bastard's balls into half. Literally, that was my statement. And no, he ain't gay. Just sophisticated.

But when a girl who is single starts a conversation about sex, can the guys not look at her in one crooked mind, and accept that flaw as part of their own?

And if a guy just suddenly stop talk about sex, can the guys themselves not look at him like he's some freak and just accept the fact that he's just being well, polite?

I don't know, what do you think?

4 comments:

Hmmm I do come across such probs...where I have peers that CAN talk about sex freely and peers who CAN'T...

Just that, the amount of GIRLS who CAN'T certainly overpowers of those who CAN...

The thing is, sometimes, I get this feeling of that they are just trying to act pure...no offense but I do feel that kind of aura at times...

Because of how the society reacts to such "SENSITIVE" issues is simply something as simple as culture differences...We are not like the Americans or most non-asian and even some asian countries...

Personally, I don't mind GIRLS or GUYS talking about sex openly...I don't see the fault of it...It's not against any law to start with...

It's just this thing about being ourselves...Are we doing that? There are loads of people who are sophisticated yet they choose to wear a mask and talk about sex with their peers just to mix in if the case is that they talk about it all the time...

It's for the sake of being able to blend in...

I don't bloody see any problem of girls wanting to share about their curiosity, knowledge, crave, etc etc about sex...come on...we are humans....

So yea...this is what I think...

 

*sigh* and well behaved women seldom make history...

It's patriarchy at work! And Malaysian society's (outdated) expectation of guys' and girls' sexual behavior.

Don't say talk la, look at the doing part, if a guy sleeps around, people will say "y' know, he's a guy what, he can't control his sexual urges" aka it's ACCEPTABLE if not regrettable; if a girl sleeps around, people will look at her from head to toes and go "here comes the slut"...wtf?

*sigh*

And I was reluctant/uncomfortable to talk about sex too with my friends, regardless of their gender, because I don't wanna be perceived as horny/slutty. But I don't give a damn now. Screw what everybody thinks (to quote a friend) *blek*

 

I have a few female friends can talk to me about sex...infact, they seem more enthusiastic about sex than I'd expect and they will talk about...yeah best not to put details here lol

I guess it's the individual. I'm very close with them so they feel more comfortable talking about it...i guess.

There shouldn't be a stereotype that oh girls who talk about it are so and so and guys who talk about it are so on so forth.

As Ian so aptly put it, Girl powah!