I should get to know more people from Generation X

Spent too much rebuking people who will never wake up to realised that if they want us to suffer, then just suffer la, why the need to complain? Just laugh in silence that you people feel way awesome with your working experience and wisdom already.

Then again, I spent too much time with the Baby boomers and Generation Y. I should really just step out, smell the roses, and talk to more Generation X to understand their culture.

If I'm not wrong I'm beginning to see a pattern of complaints from Minishorts and Zewt.

And in truth, I'm experiencing culture shock.

It's unbelievable. My blog has people who agree and disagree things. Their blog, msot of the time only have people who agrees in things.

But when one younger and obviously more awesome reader came and give a logical and sound disagreement, all hell breaks loose. Those bloggers and their usual blog readers either just choose to ignore the fact that the commenter ever spoke, or they laughed.

I guess it's in their culture to never look at youngsters seriously. In fact, I don't know which youngster will they look at with seriousness all over.

Nicol David could fit into that. She's the national squash queen. And she's from generation Y. I bet she have none of those "accusations" that these Generation X and Yuppies were yakking about.

They were merely targetting "students, local or foreign who couldn't care less of how they suffered and they need to speak up about it"

I won't believe all of them jumped straight into the working class before being at our stage. And it's just funny with the way they rebuked us when they were also the same ignorant youngsters 9 - 10 years ago.

I can't figure out how "lucky" I am to enjoy a RM3.50 chicken rice while thinking of my RM0.50 nasi lemak 10 years ago.

Or how "lucky" that I get to drive a Proton Satria when the quality of the car was way better 10 years ago.

Or how "lucky" that handphone manufacturers just kept releasing handphones like they are chocolates, like they are only targetting at youngsters.

Or how "lucky" I am to be stuck in a local education institution, browsing shops in Sunway Pyramid or Mid Valley, when I could have been in England browsing Harrods or got a better quality of education so that I won't be subjected to ridicule by the awesome Generation X and Yuppies!

Yes, talk to me, Generation X and Yuppies! I need to know why do you people suffer from "sour grapes-dom". Thou shalt need counselling from thy awesome and younger counterpart.

Don't be shy, I am your friend to help debunk your myth about us youngsters. And you shall do the same favour in return. Can or not?

*holds hand out*

P.S: So the prices of goods are already this high. If you believe in the government, write a letter and tell him how much you suffered. If not, accept it and move on. The past is the past, nothing can be undone. I've never seen prices so high before and what should I do? Complain and yak?

True, I don't fully understand real working culture. I never will since journalists do not work 9 - 5 every week. But you know what? If I was really that spendthrift to cripple my mother's income, she would TELL me about it instead of leaving me to my own shopping desires.

So maybe you should walk up to the kid and tell him that his mom didn't teach him the right thing.

Where was I?

Oh yes, my hands are still hold out, you want my hand in friendship? Or respect? Or dislike?

3 comments:

Hahahaha......*thumbs up*
May I add some add points for you?

1st, they have forgotten everyone has their own YAYs and woes, so does every generation. None is better than the other.

2nd, we should remember they came from the MAHATHIR generation. The poor mentally oppressed generation. They weren't allow to do anything with all the scary laws, so what can they do? Complain lor.

Poor people, they weren't even allow to QUESTION anything. Notice nobody ask these Qs?
1. Why are these parents showering their kids with material gifts when the kids would be happy enough if their parents would just spend SOME time to talk & play with them?

2. Where are the urban parents bringing their kids to nowadays? Waterfalls? Hills? Parks? No, shopping malls!

3. Who build the shopping malls? The adults!

And they wanna blame some of the younger generation that spend like there's no tomorrow? Who really cultivated the shopping culture??

Most kids can't even think for themselves yet when their parents bought them their hp, mp3, ps3 whatever. (note: I only got my hp when I was 17, mp3-20, video games ps3 none whatsoever)

Lol...I'm getting too work up here...Some people only see what they see, they don't THINK about and ANALYZE what they see.

And yeah youth are rarely taken seriously in our country (sadly), even though they are probably the most CREATIVE & ENERGETIC of all. =P

I guess it's good, we should take heed and make sure we don't turn into them when we get older. ^^

 

haha...Rin and Sim Ee,you two are really....how to put this...in the right course? XD Then again,I though journalists were supposed to be "neutral"? XD

Just teasing. hahaha...but I like your comments. Enlightening though its a known fact amongst us teens(or is it twens? Dq put 1 XD).

At least my parents don't do that nor think those kind of things. They are material enough to hammer things into me so well,I am of the "dying species" so lamely put. XD

Ah well. Moving on....whats next on the agenda? XD

 

I'm one of this 'X-Gen' fella who happens to be born between X and Y gen period of time.

As some people think by getting a mobile phone at 17 is considered old, there are some who had their brick phone at the age of later than that.

And I did not complain.

To accuse of people to be born under 'poor mentally oppressed generations', that is must be the reason why all of them back them fight for their independence take such a long time to be liberated.

Iuno.

As how I adapt to this glorious Y generations (or I-Gen from diff point of view), I have no problems relating to l337 talk, latest gadgets, the slangs, lingo, lifestyle.

Not all people that is in X gen that bad.

Since Gen Y is so...liberating, when urban parents bringing their kids to the mall, can they just answer "no" or "why do i have to go with you?". Or questions are not allowed?

But then again, from looking at it, Y Gen surely adapting Socratic method and looks like you guys really know what it means and what it does.

thumbs up!, I guess.