Yesterday, I've joined the historical jam

By joining several other cars to queue up and pumped my car till full tank after knowing about the news through my mom.

Yeah, finally I understood why my mother kept sighing about petrol rises. When I became a driver, I fully understood what it feels like to have without petrol but yet to be early for class/lecture, now that everything seemed harder, I needed more time to concentrate.

It sure took a long time, but a sudden jump sure sends shockwaves everywhere.

The only ones rejoicing are our neighbours, Thailand and Singapore.

The rest of us? Sighing non-stop over the price.

But hey, it is bound to happen. Them dinosaur oils ain't going to stay there. Heck, if those things don't die, we will not have fossil fuels and petroleum, natural gas even. Instead, we are the fossil fuel to be eaten alive by those monsters.

So how badly will RM2.70 per litre will make us suffer?

No shopping, no car, no mamak, no business, no movie, no courting.

We Malaysians overspend on food, beverages and entertainment sometimes, maybe it is a good time to cut back, maybe share the petrol cost together, maybe take the public transport? (sans Rapid KL's 100% subsidy removal, I'm talking about another bus service)

I do not oppose nor support the fuel price hike.

Let's face it, it just happens. You want to rant? Rant on being stupid. Rant on wasting too much. Rant on just ranting all the way in people's blogs, forums, websites, but no action taken. Rant on using big ass cars just to go to near distance shops to do your shopping. Rant the government. It's what is happening in life. You think you are the only one suffering? The US is also furious about the crazy economy crisis.

And by the way, in terms of electricity, blame the mofo-ing IPPs who rake in money anyway despite we used LESS of the electricity. I've had forwards earlier this year telling me to turn off electricity for one whole hour in conjunction with the Earth Day (or something like that). The newspaper, even highlighted Melbourne's effort to save 10% of electricity in the previous year before that day itself! Spectacular!

Interesting, I thought to myself, finally I could do something to contribute to the world. And as I find more information, I realised that In Malaysia, they will not record any savings for the world, EVEN if we all do turn off the electricity for one whole hour. Why is it you ask? (Why not you find it out HERE? and HERE?)

See? It's already too late to groan or whine. We caused this to happen. The upper hands all knew this is happening. But do we take our asses off to go and get our rights back?

Too late, we forgo our rights to begin with.

And hey, don't look at me. I'm not eligible to vote yet. I will vote for the right person during March 2008. And plus, lets face it. We knew this is coming. Leave the expensive stuff to people who can afford it, we can only dream on and focus on what we can buy. So lets get back to reality while we're at it.

By the way, Senator Clinton ended her presidential campaign. Ah, so sad to see her leave. Her fight with Senator Obama might as well go down to history as the most competitive fights ever in American history.

What's next?

0 comments: