Aiyoh Lets Talk CNY

I lost my sense to write anything serious.

How? How?

Well I can always talk about my CNY experience.

My CNY this year is a very happy one. So happy that everyone who've seen me will know I've been smiling loads. I just don't know why but I couldn't hide this sense of happiness lingering.

My usual years going back to Klang has always been a very unhappy one because I wasn't very close with my paternal family after my father's passing. I would always go there and be bored. Like really bored and I don't know how to help my grandma because she'll always look at us with that really sad face. My brother on the other hand will get a few hands on stuff like his PS2 and he can play with a younger cousin brother.

Of course, the worst part of being there was facing the elder cousins who probably have the mentality of "i pwn joo!" because they were the uber elite English people. I don't understand why is it so hard for them to open their mouths to ask questions and they can just sit at a corner talking to their own family. Hurk. Sickenning.

So I've been asking (more like pleading) my mom to let me drive there myself because if I go too early I'll end up being bored. And finally this year, I'm allowed to. My sister was also quite sick of being bored there too. And we went there only when the dinner was about to start, so we have lesser need to greet the uber elite cousins.

Then, a very cute surprise came, in a form of a little girl called Abigail. She was such a darling and so pretty and cute. Not exactly part of the family, as she was the cousin's girlfriend's niece. But she played with all of us anyway. My smile was probably really infectious because she warmed up to me immediately, calling me "jie jie" so much, and listen to all the teases and taunts my uncle could do that could make her giggle. Then again, this is my uncle, a speech giving machine. Never mess with a lawyer.

And my paternal family finally knew about Ephyon after I hide from them for so long. Truth to be told I didn't exactly intend for them to know about him because I wasn't close to them. But after awhile they knew about him and we talked about relationships a bit. It's good to know that my boyfriend is accepted here, without question. Well they can't argue much, I'm already with him for so long.

Next would be the reunion dinners I've been going to. We finally have our own Famwie reunion dinner. We tossed the yee sang, ate healthy food, laughed a lot and drank beer. Under the recommendation of the resident beer drinkers, I drank a bottle of Heineken. It doesn't disappoint, and not as bitter as a Guiness Stout. But my other friend bought Tuborg, and I liked that taste. I'm counting on the next drink with them boys and I can buy Tuborg.

But after that I have several other yee sang toss with my maternal families, one with my uncle, and another with my aunts who came back to see their mother. My grandma was the happy one because her daughters all came back to see her every year despite the treatment they received when they were younger (back then, the male was pampered more than females.) My uncle was a good man but not exactly the nicest son because he never really stays long for her, and would prefer to be with the wife's family. So she said she liked her four daughters including my mom =). And by the way, Ephyon finally ate a reunion dinner with us. And they were very nice to him. My aunt even said he's a very handsome man, and I cannot agree more =).

After that, we went to visit Ephyon's maternal grandmother and his aunt who came back to bring a very good news. His cousin is going to get married. Her boyfriend finally proposed after four years of good relationship, and they were hoping that Ephyon will come, finally, to reunite with the whole family over in Australia. Knowing him and being closer with his maternal side, he agreed. I was happy for him of course, and told him to behave himself when he goes there. Until he asked,

"Why don't you come as well? The more the merrier. Po po (grandmother for translation) will like it"

His grandmother and aunt kept nodding their heads in excitement. So I guess I'm following =). Oh my god, so much travelling this year. Not to mention that possible trip to the Anime Expo in Singapore, I wonder if Ephyon still remembers about his promise to attend it this year. Ahahaha.

Then after nearly two years of not seeing each other, we, the Subang Utama gang, finally made a point to visit each other's houses. With different experience piling on top of each of us, we finally were able to chat and talk more often about what we know and what we can do. But we never forget to joke about each other, what with our different experience. But due to our timing we always rushed throughout the visit, but still accomplished 6 houses in 4 hours. Tis an amazing achievement if you ask me.

I've never been so happy regarding celebrating CNY.

And the best thing of all, I've never asked for all this to happen. I guess my happiness has spread aplenty everywhere. Even my colleagues back at the office were wondering about my grins and cheeky smiles. I don't know. It's just such a happy occasion.

My CNY is so different this year =D. I was never thinking of it as a grouchy occasion wishing it to pass very fast this year. It's a good thing.

I'm still in a happy mood despite being busy. Hope that you guys have good CNY celebrations too.

2 comments:

hahaha glad you're happy. 08 was seriously a shitty year for a lot of ppl despite it being the "fatt" year or so called but i think 09 will be wayyyyyyyyy better now,don't you think so? ;) after all,good signs are already showing. hahahaha

cheers!!

 

Ditto! I'm glad you had an awesome awesome CNY