Kenapa munculnya budaya "kebodekan"?

As an ordinary blog reader, not siding anyone, I get to see different kinds of faces.

As a journalist, I get to see the ugly part of those faces myself.

Reading Lilian's (okay la, people used to call you 5xMom, but I shall call you Lilian out of respect and the fact that I don't really know you) post about Lim Guan Eng's gang of "bodek" without even give a damn on that two children at that part of the street made me wonder.

Why do you want to hide and shy them away from the ugliness of your constituency? To show that your street is still extremely "clean" and they had done a very good job?

And what happens if they proudly lie to the world that they had done something? And when the true grouses of those people came out, what are the "bodeks" going to do? Support support support?

Part of me also wonders how much of ugliness can these "bodeks" actually hide from those who really seek on how the truth are.

See, the problem of siding at one extreme side, is that you only hang out with that part of the group, and when someone else from the other extreme, or the neutral ground, tries to seek advice, it is certain that you will only see it from your point of view, hence will not help out that person.

I remembered covering Hannah Yeoh's nomination day on that faithful day when I saw the ugliness of everybody. Politics is one of those things that bring out the beast in them.

First, one elderly man said "Don't worry Hannah! We will shield you from the attacks of Barisan Nasional! I'll go to jail for you if those police and BN supporters try to find trouble with you!"

Me: .....(speechless)....("kebodekan" or not?)

And then later on, these people from DAP just gang up from behind Hannah's back and just gave her the support.

Then the Barisan Nasional tent. You know what's silly? The MCA guys are the ones nominating themselves as candidates, but who is making most of the noise?

The youths of UMNO, and their tanks and all. The MCA youths, you know what happen?

All, gave up, and, cross the street to do what? Rest, under the tree, talk, and all that, not helping, not cajoling, not shouting. Tengok mua finish already, then can go and be lazy.

Wow. So much for being in the political party eh?

The "Kebodekan" culture, is truly amazing, because it shows how much a politician can suck up to those "glorifying moments".

I'm never a politician material man, I'm first, too foul-mouthed to begin with, and I hate people telling me how good I am because they don't know. Only I can say how good I am ler.

And imagine a bunch of "bodek" following me around as if they have nothing to do. *shudder*

To all politicians who are able to suck that all up, I salute you. That is why I'm a journalist. I'm supposed to be spit on, be hurled abuses, chided, remanded, insulted upon and looked down. That's how I see the ugliness. You took a tougher time to do so, so... *salutes*.

And what am I doing here? Shit, go study now. You want to get lower than 3.0 is it? You want to lose to your boyfriend is it? You want to cry over getting a grade of something that you don't study is it?

Shit, yea, I don't want to repeat that mistake. Bye.

0 comments: