Reporting made easy: the September 17th Edition

I've reading a lot of news, and watching many of the videos for the past day, while waiting for updates to come. But today as I flipped and read today's headlines on The Star, I can't help but wonder how much more patience will I have on this newspaper until the Editors stopped putting so much censorship onto the newspaper will I see some proper reporting.


This is intriguing though.
What's interesting is the amount of microphones from both sides.
Anwar: 7 microphones

PM: 5 microphones

Anwar PWNz!

Now lets compare with the company these mics represented.

Anwar: Malaysiakini, TV9, 8tv, 8tv chinese, RTM, TV PAS, DISE (don't know what company is that)

PM: RTM, RTM, TV3, Bernama, NTV7.

Anwar PWNz!

Why? Because Anwar's press conference had many of the companies that consists not only from the government, but from other sectors as well. That shows that the public from various sides will be able to receive the news. Hence the more the news is spread, the bigger the bounderies, and the bigger the reception will be.

Sad to say no one really wants to hear the PM talk anymore. And it is really erm..disappointing considering that he's still the leader of the nation. It also shows how weak his relations with the media.

And what further to infuriate the public than having the DPM to (according to him) boldly witness a signing of Memorandum of Understanding for High-Speed Broadband access between TM and the Chief Secretary of Energy, Water and Communications!

Yes, that really spells "BOLD" considering that both are government servants.

Oh but it did not stop there, to further add more "dramatic elements" to the "story", TM have a very large ad, thanking the DPM, taking up one whole page which could have been filled up with important news, NEXT to that news!

I kid you not.


Sickenning.

I don't really have to reprimand on the fact that newspapers dwell on Advertising revenue to make rounds about their news. And that the advertisers chose the selected space. But the advertisement just have arrogance on every section.

Don't use hidden message man. Thank you? More like "Najib for PM".

On another note, I was watching the Anwar speech at Kelana Jaya stadium, provided by Malaysiakini. I don't really need to post most of them here, because the link to the Youtube channel is provided.

Overall, Anwar had been making offending remarks about the media about 3 - 4 times throughout the speech. No not just any media, he's not that angry. Just Utusan Melayu, New Straits Times, RTM and TV3. He told them they can brag all they want, but they can never replace the facts reported by others.

Ouch, imagine if those journalists present personally support Anwar.

Then again, some of them just like to create chaos, like me =D. Bad news, is good news, that's the motto. Bad news sells.

Yeap, that's the end of reporting made easy.

On towards my personal stuff:

When I first suggest it to Rin, my initial impression is that not many will support this move. Because mainly most of us will be too busy studying for Communication Theories, and that they would be afraid of getting clamped down. I thought that maybe, as students, they would not want to take action. But I was surprised, not to mention baffled.

Most of my coursemates turn up with a black T-shirt!

And those who didn't wear, had simply forgot.

They support the move with passion, and my coursemates, Steven and Firebird, used their time to make ribbons like this.

We marched into the exam hall. We are the only ones in a group who wore black. Some of the latecomers saw and said "Whoa, funeral".

I can't help it because I want to say "We are here to commemorate the death of press freedom", but when entering the exam hall we are supposed to remain silent. Too bad.

Some people asked me why is it yellow? I didn't know how to answer, so I just told them it's a symbol of freedom, and yellow is the colour of royalty, "Daulat Tuanku".

And I wore that T-shirt the whole day with the ribbon. I gave Ephyon one yellow ribbon too. We both wore it with pride while walking around Sunway Pyramid, having lunch and conversations. The ribbon is still at my side, in case I need to use it.

And I was browsing through Facebook just now to see a "Free Teresa Kok against ISA" with a yellow ribbon sign. I can't help but feel proud of myself.

Oh, and what Rin said. Please email to me if you want to pass on the message to Teresa Kok, Raja Petra Kamaruddin, or Tan Hoon Cheng. English, Mandarin, or Bahasa Melayu, your choice. We'll send these messages to them. I'm sure most of you have my personal email address, but to those who don't, just use the one on my blog for now.

Oh oh oh! One more thing, that has nothing to do with politics or September 16th.

Somebody complain that everyone freaking earns revenue through blog wor.

Really ah? Do you see me with "I serve some shit ads"? Do you see me wanting to review stuff? Do you see me endorsing some shitty brand?

Don't generalise when you can la. Okay? Aiyah, I'm sure that I'll be rebuked because I'm very perasan to feel insulted by her when she didn't mention me, and probably I'll get myself another post by her entitled "stupid bitch part 2". Probably the main points covers how she have the right to stereotype and that is what she'll do. Oh well.

And another thing. My friend said I have growing popularity o_O

Really or not? I still think it is superficial, because I visit my own blog everyday to see how intelligent I am to see if I have any comments.

Yea right, I wonder who would read this blog anyway. Only friends close to me would. I know, thanks for the hits.

Toodles.

P/S: Notice the change of expression of that Rela member standing just behind Anwar as he progress through his speech. From not listening to being in awed with Anwar speech. Haha. The power of a powerful speech.

0 comments: