Writing to myself

Hey ya! My internet is back again! Ta-dah!

The battle against Screamyx was over after a 3-week long gruelling painful suffering of cronyism and idiocy. It has come to an end about 4 days ago, which I've spent gleefully browsing Youtube, blogs, Google.

Sadly, after 4 days of non-stop surfing action, I can't find anything great to read anymore. I can't really comment on the Fatwa because I ain't Muslim (as Mr. Rocky had so politely advised *cough*). I'm currently stuck on the last week of my semester doing possibly close to nothing while just wondering on my activities. And with nothing else interesting on the blog, I'm writing something to read for myself.

I could have want to join the Bukit Gasing Youth Leadership Camp. It should be fun, and it has been a long while since I went out and mingle with youngsters my age, or possibly younger than me. But erm, there are certain setbacks. But I have to deliver the ultimate answer by today I guess.

What else? Ah, the internship. Makes me jittery still, because they haven't called to meet up yet. I really wonder how is it like working in a newspaper. I've been hearing about the long hours, the pressure from the editors, the constant sleazing attitudes in politicians, the weirdos called PRs, but am I ready to take up the challenge?

What's more, am I freaking ready to wear office wear every single day? Urgh!

As much as most lady bloggers love to talk about make up, office wear, hairstyling, I ain't part of that clan. I prefer to have my hands dirty (as in, mud dirty), less is more, simplicity at its best. Those kind. But it's a job requirement so I can't really complain much can't I?

And then that sudden realisation that people from my school are turning up everywhere. Most of them were seniors, hardly any juniors had come out with a bang. I remember seeing this blogger, that blogger, another blogger, a blogger's boyfriend, a worker, all coming from the same school I went to.

The only difference is that I felt that they looked to be superior although it is not the case, just a false illusion due to their exposure of their own faces, and mine without any. But it's great to see people coming from Subang Utama, being famous here and there in the blogosphere. Heck, Hannah Yeoh is from here. That's the biggest achievement in my opinion because I think she's a good assemblywoman, just not a very good politician dealing with business deals. I fear her future could be just this, just being assemblywoman because she's good at caretaking. Lets hope she could have the fighting spirit later on.

It's just that little sense of pride tingling from within as I always passed by these faces not too long ago in canteens during recess, and here I am reading about their everyday lives as they see it.

Sometimes I wonder if my blog (or any anon blog for that matter) was also read by these individuals who although have many activities with that one company, would come back and read something that is not so mainstream? Sometimes I do wonder if showing my face will bring in more revenues but heck, who am I kidding?

I have a life outside a blog. My blog doesn't represent my life.

Hmm, what else to comment about? The current political situation is rather sluggish these days, with the politicians going out of the country for regular business trips/formal trips to study what other countries have in terms of technology.

Sometimes I do wonder what is wrong with Malaysia? As I watched Japan Revealed just last week, about their advancement in technology, and their ability to still practise many other of their oldest cultures around, I do wonder what could we do to withhold what is unique for Malaysians?

It seems that due to the segregation that occured very early in the beginning, we don't have a common culture we share. Ephyon suggested that yes, we do have common cultures of practise now that we called ourselves Malaysia, but it's all modern practises. And it's still such a young country. Plus, our ancestors were here way way way before 51 years ago. What happen before that that we should uphold and continue on before it dies off?

Sometimes, really I do wonder sometimes, with Malaysia bestowed with a handful of the oldest environment around (note: oldest forests, oldest caves, oldest islands), but with a young culture, are we able to put ourselves in the map and not getting mistaken as Singaporeans?

Bah, writing stuffs that are so shallow yet hard to answer. Maybe I've been using my time to think too much.

See you.

0 comments: