Short Review on Wall-E, Presto, Fong Lye Restaurant, WCG 2008 and the 1 million incentive

Wall-E:

I'm so impressed I'm going to end every sentence with a letter that ends with 'E'

There's a robot called Wall-E,

He loves EVE,

He's friendly towards people,

His pet cockroach is divine,

Revived my interest towards oldies, (still counted as end with E)

Must watch because he so cute can die.

The End. Haha. Sorry la, I can't reveal so much about it. You must watch the movie and let you experience the full emotions by Wall E. Hey, even a big tough macho guy like Ephyon, melted under that cutesiness. And I was close to tears for three times. Oh, and I love that cockroach, I love it so much. It actually made me feel reluctant on killing one now. Damn.

Movie Rating: 8/10. Because it should be longer!!! I want more Wall-E!! =D

Presto:

Pixar loves to show an animation short by them before the full length movie. I've been entertained with many on Youtube, and of course the latest is Presto, it's the usual story of a magician and a rabbit. Wait, usual? You go and watch it yourself then you tell me. Rabbit is uber cute. Again, the boyfriend melted. So that's how cute that rabbit was.

I still prefer Lifted. I find an alien with no expression funnier than Presto. Or maybe it reminded me of my experiences while learning to drive. Or it could be the strange yet familiar soundtracks used. But I love it more than Lifted. Still, Presto deserves a 7.5/10.



Fong Lye Restaurant:

If you go to the Gardens Mid Valley, don't ever go there, unless you are a fan of Taiwanese food.

It's a fucking rip off. My pork intestines mee sua is such a small portion and costs RM9.80. Wtf? The boyfriend ordered some Chicken chop rice. Another Ripoff. RM12.80 or something. Sucks.

We finished our food within half an hour and went off. That's how much we hated to be in that restaurant.

I had to made myself fuller by eating another Spicy Chicken McDeluxe.

The boyfriend asked if these are the kind of food I ate when I was in Taiwan.

Hell no, these are the cheap Taiwanese street snacks man, nothing exquisite about it. But I'm to be blamed for bringing him to eat in that kind of restaurant. Sigh. Sorry.

WCG 2008:

Organised by Samsung, hmm.

Saw the Warcraft tournament going on, damn disturbed by the DJ music. Damn, how did the players just play on with those Deejay's continuous music playlist?

It's so small, only 8 booths, with no one there, even when we went at 5pm. Sad.

The dual screens were great though. But the audiences, only the media and sponsor person were there.

The "audience" were more obliged to try out the Wii, Xbox360, Guitar Hero, Call of Duty 4, and many others than to actually look at the game.

What happen to the game enthusiasts?

Ephyon puts the blame on the organisers for not putting on more serious promoting for enthusiastic gamers, or still keeping the mentality of the fact that "gaming will never be a sport". He still prefers to save money so that one day he can go and visit the WCG Asian competition which was held every year in Singapore.

A gamer who had given up on the Malaysian WCG. Sad.

I was laughing at the event board. It spelled "Neffnang". Teehee. So much for being a respected company.

Didn't bother to take pictures of it because it's a waste of my phone memory

RM1 Million incentive:

We discussed about Lee Chong Wei's chance on getting a gold. And this is what the boyfriend said to me.

"I'd rather not wanting to see him get the gold. Then he'll be so rich he'll forgot how to play for Malaysia"

Made me think a lot about that too. Why can't the money be replaced with free service from the government instead? Like medical care and such.

And apparently Ephyon's not the only one thinking that Lee Chong Wei shouldn't win a gold. It's better if he rejected the offer they say, or use the money on something else other than himself they say.

Look at Mohd Hafiz Hashim, once an All-England champion, now a nobody. But it doesn't matter eh? He had the money, the land, a wife. Bringing glory to the country don't matter anymore.

Ah, don't look at something so far, the Koo-Tan pair is the other apparent one. Failed at the quarter finals of the Beijing Olympics. Most of us were disappointed. What happen to the spark? Sigh.

I still want Lee Chong Wei to win a gold though. But it is up to him to decide on what to do with the money he'll get.

The End of all the reviews.

0 comments: