When "Philosophers" Talk

It's kind of normal for me and a few buddies to sit down and exchange a few stories about what our theories have and why and such. It may not be extremely "philosophical" but its just what we do when we are free, to exchange informations. What more when all of us are communication students. Heck, sometimes me and Ephyon will just argue over anything.

Just before that we were debating about whether can Sabah and Sarawak become independent if they were separated from the Peninsular. I must say we do have a lot of interesting points raised. Me thinks it'll be good for memory storage if I do become a MP, and brought it up in the Parliament. I might reproduce that full argument when I have the time.

Something about my friend said that is somehow the reason why journalists are underpaid is because the job itself is demanding, with all the deadlines and stuff.

Then I gave the >_> look.

Duh la, because why is the "demanding" job so underpaid? Advertisers are also facing a lot of pressure, pressure, and more pressure, and yet their pay is so much higher. Sometimes even 10k per project. Not fair. You mean visuals pays more than a few mere texts?

Ephyon said it could be because freelance journalists are also on the payroll.

Walau, what a discrimination towards the "desk people". Not only do we work our ass off like dogs for a newspaper company that we Might Not like, we have to face the editors, politicians, arrogant bastards, stuck ups, perverts, and yet we earn so much lesser to even afford a proper house in 50 years. Not to mention that I want my full blasting in-house system, and a Sony Playstation 3.

Argh, then why do I want to be in this field so much??

Simple, I love scandals, and free invites. Samantha is correct. about one thing. Communication practitioners do get to party for free and also get to touch celebrities with their bare hands, who knows, if they are so fucking lucky, they'll end up in bed with one or two stars.

Sigh, sometimes the temptations of this job really made me wonder why am I in a relationship. It's just not thrilling enough when you know you are attached.

Just today, I saw a few good looking guys in the Chinese Song Competition. They caught our eyes, and I certainly caught theirs. I mean, we, the Journalism gang, are the stupid bunch who constantly rush to the front just to catch that few pictures, they might think we are fans. Bah, we are just doing our job. I had that urge to talk to a few of them, but alas, I'm reminded that I'm NOT single. Just a good look at Sofia, and I felt that invisible string tightened. Or maybe I'm just not that excited over good looking boys. Because there was another girl who is also in a relationship and she still oggle and squeal anyway.

Although there are a few people that I really really want to interview, and make friends with. Nah, not the blogger meets celebrity kind. More like the One on one interviews with the various different stars. That would be cool. Really.

Top of the list is Bilawal Bhutto Zardari. He's an Oxford student already leading a political party at my age. Okay la, partly was because his mother got killed by the terrorist attack (which only happened last year), but he's not leading the party actively, not until he graduates from Oxford at least. And from googling pictures of him it's quite apparent that he's adapting to the student life well. Plus, He's so good looking!

I believe we can be very good friends. *swoons* He had such an exotic look of his. Probably from his mother. His mom looked very exotic herself.

I have told Ephyon that I want to interview him, but all he gave was this very blank look. Politics is still not his game. But then again, neither it is Bilawal's, yet. I just want to interview him to be friends with him. Wahahaha.

Second would be Kaka, or Cristiano Ronaldo, both for different reasons. Hopefully by that time I'm presentable enough to seduce them. Wtf. Nolah, I'll never take Kaka away from his beautiful wife, just want to know what their lives are like. Not sure why Cristiano Ronaldo becomes very appealing and I want to know how did he lived his frivolous life. Probably watching him seducing other girls, or trying to seduce me (as if I'm that lucky) is an excitable event itself anyways. Kaka is more like the kind of guy who I want to sit down and have coffee with. Or he is the type who becomes my tour guide and show me around Brazil. He certainly looked that part, and he looks extremely sincere. Being cute is just an extra feature.

And oh, I've found another anonymous blogger to add into the list. He is also a journalist! Yay! Another journalist. I prefer to find more journalist blogs because at least it feels like there are more people who owns a blog despite being, or wanting to become, a journalist.

That blogger is Eyeris, although the moment when I read his blog posts I knew his identity straightaway. That's because he wrote in the exact same style in his blog and in the newspaper. (Isn't it right Michael? Hahahahaha. That MCSC is quite a hint to prove that I'm 70% correct about your identity. And I don't even know you personally yet =X. But I've always liked to read your articles. I'm an avid reader of yours. I believe your reviews more than others =X)

Argh, I'm messing up my brain. With all that philosophy thinking, and covering the event on my own. What was I thinking? No wonder they asked for the photographer to do a separate job, I really couldn't concentrate when I had to do two things at once.

Thank goodness I'm still in student level, I think the editor will kill me if I try being a photographer AND a reporter at the same time. Can't wait for internship, which will happen in another...*counts*...5 months. Oh well. Will wait then. I'm not exactly rushing for it to happen because I can't imagine being a real journalist on the road.

Really.

Toodles.

6 comments:

No. More like Journalist in the making. I'm still a university student. I'm going for internship soon, and there are many stories that are shared by seniors who had went for training. ;)

But I still have to run around covering events because our assignment demands it. Wargh!

 

Not really when you are not going in for free. People just don't recognise student journalists. Eyeris yes la, but not me T_T

Ah well.

 

hey cindi. found you through technorati ;)

given the chance i'd be studying communication too.